All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. mk 5 golf 1.6 fsi 2004 HELP!!!

Oh dear! that seems quite catastrophic. I would imagine that there is a fault in the electrical wiring that is shorting to earth. This would be the reason the fuse has blown and why the battery is discharging rapidly. I would take the car to an auto-electrician to diagnose the cause before any serious damage to the electrical system occurs
  3. Petrol Sharan?

not sure really....may be available for another country possibly
  4. Earlier
  5. golf6 rain sensor deactivate

Anyone know if its possible to use Vagcom to deactivate the annoying rain sensor for the wipers & make it work as normal?
  6. mk 5 golf 1.6 fsi 2004 HELP!!!

hi everyone looking for some help from you ,, I have recently just bought a mk 5 golf 1.6 fsi 2004. the car has been very well maintained and ran perfect until yesterday it all started soon after buying the car the radio was not working the only fault on the car when I got it. so as soon as I got it home I removed it to find the fuse had blown replaced and all seemed fine then yesterday I was out with the polish and started the car to turn it around and boom all sorts of lights no power steering lights where eml abs power steering and a few others so turned it off and started to scrach my head. went to start the car again and no it did not want to just clicking so I got rac out who said it was alternator and wanted me to take it to a garage at a cost of £300 to replace I told him where to go and went to my local vw breakers got a used one replaced it and jumped started it and it drained the battery quicker than my sink so rac out again (I have battery cover) and again he said alternator he put a brand new battery on and it was only reading 12.1 volts running he said it should be about 14 so alternator back of returned and exchanged refitted plus a new battery car started straight away but after about 25/30 minutes its dead again ... while it was running i noticed that if i turded somthing on ie heaters the radio went off then it died again now battery is flat and i am at my end anyone please help me out
  7. Petrol Sharan?

Any idea why they don't make the SEL in the Petrol version? I had a SEL before and liked it
  8. Petrol Sharan?

absolutely, should be plenty of power from the engine to tow with
  9. Petrol Sharan?

Could the petrol engine tow a light trailer?
  10. Petrol Sharan?

Hi...welcome to the Forum In general, the diesel Sharan engine is a good one but not used in built up areas where it can clog up over time. The petrol engine therefore would be a better option for local driving
  11. Passat cc reverse camera stuck open

HI....welcome to the Forum I'm not sure on this one, would probably contact your VW dealer and see if there is a revised version that resolves this issue. Seems to be an issue with this camera across the range so surely they must have revised it over time
  12. RT @Bosslogic: FAR FROM HOME! @SpiderManMovie @TomHolland1996 https://t.co/Z5ATdMlY2D

13. Petrol Sharan?

I'm debating whether to get a petrol Sharan. I had a diesel Sharan that I bought just as the emissions scandal came out. I swore I'd never buy another VW diesel but we loved the Sharan. Is the Petrol Sharan a reasonable option?
  14. Hi new on here,having problems with my 2011 Passat cc 140 GT TDI, the reverse camera has stuck open has done it a few times,disconnected the battery at first and that seemed to reset it but now that doesn't work and is permantly open the camera still works but can't open boot manually anybody come across this problem and know a fix if any?
  15. CFFB turbo actuator

Hi Glynn....welcome to the Forum What are the symptoms your car is displaying which leads you to the above conclusion?
  16. CFFB turbo actuator

Has anybody had the turbo actuator with the electric position switch replaced - 2.0tdi CFFB engine code? if yes what were the symptoms leading to need to replace it ? Cheers Glynn
  17. RT @PippaCrerar: Top EU election fact: the country remains as divided as ever. The *unambiguously* pro-Remain parties (Lib Dems, Greens, Ch…

18. New member

Cheers mate 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
  19. mk6 golf exhaust?

Hi, thanks for reply but it seems this part is only available from VW dealers! ( hence reason I wondered if the MK5 silencer would fit with minor mods)
  20. mk6 golf exhaust?

Hi Simon.....welcome to the Forum You should be able to source one through any good motor factors as long as the other sections have not been modified then it should just fit straight in. Let us know what you find
  21. New member

Hi Kirky....welcome to the Forum Lovely Touareg and great car to drive Good to have you onboard
  22. Mk5 r32

Hi Rob Common problem this one, but can't seem to find any definitive answer but suggested faults lie in the Haldex controller or even the oil level being low in the unit....worth checking out everything related to the electrical connections to and from the unit. Let us know what you find
  23. Mk5 r32

I’ve got a Mk 5golf r32 and the esp light won’t turn off I’ve been told the fault is 01324 the control module for the all wheel drive is it easily fixed or expensive to repair? cheers rob
  24. mk6 golf exhaust?

Hi, newbie here! Just got a 2009 mk 6 gti & last owner has fitted a centre silencer delete pipe. Im a bit old for the constant racket from this & would like to refit a centre silencer but am having a lot of problems sourcing this. Any ideas other than a complete new system? Looks online at least, to be same as a Mk5 gti centre box? thanks, Simon
  25. New member

Hi guys Newbie here V6 Tdi Touareq 06 loving it 😁
  26. Auxiliary port location

Thank you very much.
  27. Auxiliary port location

Hi....welcome to the Forum The auxiliary port is at the back of the unit and you would need to acquire one of these to fit into it once you have removed the unit and found somewhere to route it to (e.g. the glovebox) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Seat-Skoda-Aux-IN-Input-Adapter-for-IPOD-MP3-/270727493449?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f089db749
  1. Load more activity