Mk3 Golf Estate 1.8 Petrol

Kieran

I posted a while ago regarding the issues I’m having getting this car to run again🤨

advised the problem of the car starting and then a cutting out is an over fuelling issue??

so far I’ve changed the throttle body which is a monopoint injection and not rocking horse shit but close. I’ve swapped the ecu, de-coked all the pipes running from the engine block to the throttle body, replaced, repaired and tested the vacuum pipes which are all good as far as I can tell. Run the engine to test every sensor independently with no change to the problem. 

Any ideas please ??

Hi

The timing belt was changed 5k ago so I’m sure it’s ok. The engine starts but cuts out so definitely a spark. I’m going down the fuel supply road myself maybe fuel pump. Is it possible the fuel pump is cutting out after the engine starts? I’m wondering if after priming thats all the fuel the engine is running on? I’ve tested the fuel in by turning over the engine with only the starter motor, fuel is pumping through. Maybe a relay on the fuel pump? Next test I’m going to get a washing up bottle full of fuel and bypass the fuel pump by manually feeding the throttle body, like a feeding a baby ???

• 1 month later...