2017 Golf R line Rattle DSG? (Newbie)

Smithy*

Hi Everyone,This is my first post on here although I have owned many vw's over the years, I hope someone will be able to give me some advice.

My wife drives a 2017 Vw Golf R line with the 7 speed DSG gearbox we have owned it from new(it now has 5k miles on the clock)

It has a really anoying rattle that you can only hear with the windows down when going over a slightly bumpy road, you can also hear it if the car is driven past you.

I am a subaru mechanic and have checked the car over and all seems ok.

I have heard it could be the DSG box rattling, if it is the box should it be that bad at 5k miles?

I know you are probably thinking why not take it to the garage and get them to check as it's under warranty, I will do but thought I would ask if anyone has had a similar noise on a nearly new 7 speed DSG.

Also on one occasion the car stalled when selecting drive and in the display it said fault with gearbox.

Thanks in advance.

I

• Confused 2

Hi Smithy....welcome to the Forum

Not sure I know of any specific rattles coming from the transmission but I think I would definitely throw it back at the dealer for them to rectify any issues.

One thing though, I don't know whether a transmission would necessarily create a rattle if going over bumps, would have thought it would be there permanently....more than likely some loose trim under the car, engine bay or similar?

Keep us updated on what you find

Cheers,  Trevor

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Thanks for the reply Trevor, when I get time to take it to the dealer I will upate you.

Definitely nothing loose that I can find anyway.

Looking on Google it seems others have had similar issues,some say it's how the DSG box is? I can't see how tho as it sounds terrible.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...