Touran EGR Fault

Hondacrv1

Hi all, looking for a little advice, my Son has bought a 2010 1.6 Touran (Diesel) had it for around 3 months, the Car has developed a few issues recently, ie: Lack of power, his wife broke down travelling to relatives down south last week and had to call the AA, when he arrived he plugged in to the diagnostic socket it showed an EGR Fault which he cleared and said a sensor was at fault(cheap fix he said)and sent Her on Her way, however on the return journey the fault occurred again, She managed to limp home and took the Car to a local garage, they did not have a clue and said it could be a valve or electrics. So with the VW Emissions scandal being widely talked about I am being steered towards the Faults being caused by this, does anyone know how I can find out if the VW Fix has been done or not on this Car. Any Help would be gratefully received, thanks in advance.

Thanks Trevor so much for the reply, have reviewed the links you gave me, basically all the posts seem to confirm everything that  I feared. Will attempt to pursue this further.

Many thanks for the Welcome.

Mick.

• Like 1