Clock?

Badgerbill

I have recently purchased a 2017 Touran SE Family. As you will know, there is a digital clock display in front of the driver in the display area. However, there is no clock display for the passengers UNLESS you have the infotainment switched on... Wifey has to turn the infotainment on each time she wants to see the time, or she has to ask me, which gets a bit tedious after a while. I’m sure this is the only car that I have owned which does not have a clock display of some sort visible for the passengers. Even the wife’s 2005 Honda Jazz has a digital clock display on the radio screen when it is turned off ! 

I have contacted VW Customer Support and they can offer no advice apart from to look in the handbook. Am I being finnicky, or are other owners happy with this issue? Sensible suggestions please!

Hi Badgerbill ... welcome to the Forum

Does seem to be an issue nowadays and I blame the designers for putting 'form before function' which results in this issue.

I would have thought there would be a screensave function on the audio head unit as most cars have a sleep function that allows the time to be displayed....maybe someone knows if this is possible, if not then it is a case of trawling through the manual to see if it is possible to set it to show the clock.

Let us know what you find

Cheers,   Trevor