Hi Everyone, new to VW

Doc817

Hi Everyone,  new to VW.  Bought myself a 2006 Passat saloon BKP engine in December with 94000 on the clock.  Not much service history with it but has had timing belt W/P and clutch done at 75000.

Few issues I have noticed.  I have a sunroof and when it rains heavy I get a leak down the A pillar and through the sun visor on the passenger side.  Anything I can do apart from the easy silicone the sunroof?  I suspect its a drainage problem blocked or dislodged.

Also front arches are bubbling a small amount does VW cover this in the 12 year rust warranty.  Car is 12 years old in August.  If so how do you go about get it sorted?

Thanks in anticipation

Doc817

• Haha 1

Hi Do817...welcome to the Forum

The leak is probably down to blocked drain tubes.

Easy enough to carefully run a flexible rod down through the tubes and see what comes out....avoid dislodging the tubes as nightmare to put back in place.

The front wings generally rot as VW put foam behind the wheelarch to add stability to that area but retains moisture and leads to rusting out. Not sure if they do cover it but worth asking them.

Cheers,   Trevor

Thanks Trevor,

I will try strimmer cord and a bit of air.  Don't fancy taking the head liner off.  Does the drain holes come out under the bonnet/bulkhead?  I'll call my local dealership and will let you know what they say.

Thanks again

• Haha 1