Multifunction Steering Wheel and heat control unit upgrade - VW Passat 2006 1.9 TDI

optak0104

Hello guys,

I need some help, I have VW Passat 2006 1.9 TDI.

1. I am planning to upgrade current steering wheel for multifuncional (see pics wheel1 and wheel2). Do I need any modules for that? Any guide?
2. Also I am wondering if can replace heat control unit for newer one? See pics (unit 1 and unit2)

Please don't ask why I didn't get a model with all the things above, I got this car from my friend for free ;)

Cheers!

unit1.jpg

unit2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

Hi .....welcome to the Forum

I would definitely say that if the loom is there with the plugs and they attach to the correct control units (not very likely) but it will almost definitely need programming into the car with VAGCom or similar equipment for the new electronics to be recognised by the vehicle.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers,  Trevor

Thanks for info. Do you know if I can program this by myself? I mean if it’s difficult? I have an access to VAGCom or similar equipment. All I need for an upgrade of steering wheel are the control buttons, module, all plugged in and then programmed am I right? Cheers

• Thanks 1