Suspension Air Kit

Portucale

Hi,

I have a VW Caddy transformed to carry a disable person at the rear, I understand the car was lowered to be able to be transformed, but as now is a bit low, every time I pass over a "street hump" the chassis is touching the tarmac, I heard that I could fit "Suspension Air Kit" so I come to you guys to if this would be a solution to increase the gap between the chassis and the road surface and if so which ones should I get?

Thanks for the attention

Air suspension is more than likely what is already on the van when it was converted and it would have been lowered by releasing the air from the air-bags and then reinflating to raise the vehicle.

One of two things has more than likely happened, 1- one of the air bags has a leak or 2- the system needs inflating either manually or if the pump is no longer working then replacing the pump.

Alternatively, you could fit a retro-fit system that is available on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=12&_sacat=174088&_nkw=universal air suspension kit

On 22/07/2019 at 12:12 PM, Volkswagen Owners Club said:

Air suspension is more than likely what is already on the van when it was converted and it would have been lowered by releasing the air from the air-bags and then reinflating to raise the vehicle.

One of two things has more than likely happened, 1- one of the air bags has a leak or 2- the system needs inflating either manually or if the pump is no longer working then replacing the pump.

Alternatively, you could fit a retro-fit system that is available on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=12&_sacat=174088&_nkw=universal air suspension kit

Many thanks for the reply, just for I understand better is this also a common feature for a Dec. 2011Caddy? 'YN61FTA'

Thanks again