Tyre pressure warning

Pilgrimshuffler

Good morning all, last week I had an unfortunate incident in my Passat 15 plate, double puncture after being forced off a country road, when coming back on both left side tyres were punctured by the tarmac. AA attended, later two new tyres fitted. For the past 10 days during each journey (10 miles) the pressure warning light has come on. I’ve reset on each occasion, pressure fine etc. Is it just a case of they need a longer journey to resync? Many thanks

Hi....welcome to the Forum

Very unfortunate, although not uncommon nowadays with the state of the roads as they are.

It may well be the sensors being read by the system which should settle down over time.
Alternatively, you can get it set by using VCDS or similar equipment.

Let us know how you get on with it

Good to have you onboard.

Cheers,  Trevor

Trevor, many thanks. I’ve got a long journey in a week and I’m hoping this helps settle the problem. The engine management light was showing prior to the accident. It had a major service last week (VW garage)and they wanted to charge £60 to just look! I believe the engine fault appeared after driving through heavy rain and deep puddles.