Catalyst issue

Nawaf

Hi everyone, I have a 2006 golf mk5 1.6 fsi and I have been facing a problem with the catalyst converter for 2 months now. Emissions control warning light has been on for a while. Had lamda sensor changed last month and everything was fine then 2days ago light came back on. Any idea what the issue could be. Did a computer check and 2 faults came up shown in the image. Your advice would be highly appreciated. 

20200305_095725.jpg

Hi.....welcome to the Forum

It sounds very much like you could have a very slight exhaust leak before or around the Cat.

This is usually the reason for an O2 sensor to bounce off the limits....get someone to put a rag over the end of the exhaust and hear for any escaping air from the front of the exhaust to see if there are any leaks.

Let us know what you find

Thank you for your response. So I just got back from the garage to get it checked and was told most probably would be needing a new cat and to bring in the car tomorrow morning for investigation and to get the work done. 

I will get them to check for leaks as well as you have advised. Might just be that. Will let you know results.