Stood 2 years, no power with new battery

Maxi78

Hi...welcome to the Forum

It may be a case of working through the electrical system starting from the battery and go from there.
Ensure the terminals are tight, is the battery actually have 12 volts in it, look at the main power supply fuse (should be something with at least 60amp fuse), are the earth leads in good order, etc.

Seized starter motor, main relay? ....so many areas it could possibly be but you may need to call in a mobile mechanic/auto electrician to check it out.

Let us know what you find

Thank you for your reply. I checked the fuses inside the cabin.. all good.  Checked the ones on top of the battery, all good. It was literally a brand new battery so hopefully fully charged. No tester to find out. 

Naturally I will let you know 

🙂

Slight update..

Don't have a battery charger, but bought a solar charger off ebay. Had some power go in, went as turned ignition. Mate lent me his slow charger, 19 hours later still not fully charged. Weird for a "new" battery from Kwik Fit 

Slight update..

Don't have a battery charger, but bought a solar charger off ebay. Had some power go in, went as turned ignition. Mate lent me his slow charger, 19 hours later still not fully charged. Weird for a "new" battery from Kwik Fit 

Changed for another new battery and it started 2nd attempt. All good progress towards it making back on the road  yay

I don't have both batteries to weigh. It was the lifetime warranty from Kwik Fit (luckily bought at a good price).  Strange how one branch said they don't sell dud batteries yet another was fine. Just need to sell my BMW to raise cash to fix my baby. Any takers? Lol

True. I think it was a premium battery. 

Anyway,

Its a 2007 520d se auto. E60. Lci.  174k. 4th owner. Most service history. Heads Up Display. 6 cd changer. Black. 18in M sport wheels. Pretty good on fuel considering (40 ish round town, had 60mpg going on a run)  it's advertised on Shpock and Facebook marketplace 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After 2 long years.. MOT passed after A spring and little patch welding  on exhaust. NOT the front struts like KWIK FIT failed it on.  Granted new starter was needed as failed to start on day of MOT. Frustrating as had been starting. Still a bloody good result 

• Like 1