Clutch issues after replacement.

jimmycake

Hi, any opinion would be appreciated.

A few months ago my 2006 Touran's had a clutch and fly wheel replacement.  The mechanic said there had been only 20ml of transmission oil when they drained it prior to replacing.  He said there was probably a leak but I should just top it up with transmission fluid every 6 months or so, it's too expensive to replace the housing.

There was a really unpleasant grinding noise as I drove the car away.  I took it straight back to the garage.  The mechanic said that there was an issue with one clutch/housing mount but it would not effect anything and it was fine to drive! 

Later that day an intercooler pipe came loose. Then I opened the bonnet and also had to put the air intake back together.  Small details but it gave me an impression of a rushed job.

Another mechanic took a look and said that the clutch could fall out at any min.  I took it back to the original garage who agreed to replace the broken mount with free labour.  I can't believe they let me drive it away in the first place!

Two months on and the 1st gear is sometimes getting hard to get into gear.  The clutch does not feel as smooth as it should.  Crossed my mind that its the leak from the clutch housing as the mechanic first suggested had got worse.

Today I brought some transmission oil and some Wynns' transmission stop leak , intending to top up.  I opened the small bolt in the photo, fluid started to pour out so I quickly put the bolt back in.  I thought this was odd as it would mean the transmission oil/fluid is higher than the fill hole?  I waited for the car to be properly cold and tried again, but as before, the fluid poured out, so put it back asap.

I then realised that it was the large Hex bolt that I should be opening (according to youtube), but the small bolt is the same level (see picture)? 

Question is do the two bolts both act as fill holes for transmission fluid?  

Thanks for reading. Sorry its long winded!

IMG_20201214_172948.jpg