Engine issue.

Screenshot_20210419-211826_Chrome.thumb.jpg.98f5aa5cb080ea70695c4c2199c0bcb9.jpgHi All.

I have a 2007 Touran 170 sport. In January this year in heavy rain I drove through a very deep puddle.  The car continued to

drive for another 20mins and stood on tick over until I put it into drive then the engine cut out and wouldn't start.  I had the car recovered and a mechanic have a look at it.

The injectors are still original but the wiring is new. The injectors were swapped around but fault was still on No1 Cylinder. The ECU was sent away for inspection and came back clean. 

Does anyone have any idea what to do next. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would be surprised if the injectors were affected by going through a deep puddle.
More than likely is that the engine ingested water into the engine via the intake (can be seen by air filter being deformed by water ingestion) and this can lead to hydraulic lock in the cylinders which would result in lower compression on one or more cylinders.
I would run a compression test on the engine cylinders to determine if there is any drop in pressure

• 4 months later...

Son in Law (now ex thank god) drove a Rover 45 diesel through deep water I manged to get him running but following him home I could smell unburnt diesel, stripped the head and whoopy doo the Number one cylinder was 3 mm shy of TDC, removing the Conrod I found it twisted and bent around 3 planes front sideways and twisted, bought a second hand piston and conrod, used the original piston and it was fixed, Rover 45s suck air via the N/S wheel arch and low down, dipstick tried to rush through the flooded section of road too quick, Daughters 206 did something similar but didnt wreck the engine just wouldn't tick over............the air filter was rather soggy I drilled an 1/8th hole in the bottom of the intake trunking to drain further suck ups.