Uneven disc wear

psybear

Hi, new here, hope to get some advice. 

2017 Passat GT estate, bought used by me November 2020.  

A neighbour pointed out to me that there appears to be uneven disc wear on both rear discs (see pics) with the wear only in the middle part of the discs.  Front discs show even wear all around.  He's not a mechanic (neither am I clearly!).  I've booked the car into the service dept of the place I bought it from (not a VW dealer).  Although now out of their used car warranty, they did service it last so if it has the wrong size of pads fitted it would be their fault. 

Grateful for any informed insights....

Screenshot_20210802_143751.jpg

Screenshot_20210802_143642_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hi....welcome to the Club

It looks very much like the pads are pressing against the disc evenly as there is signs of corrosion and no sign of lubricant to ease the movement of the pads across the carrier assembly.

It would benefit from the pads being removed, cleaning up all components with emery cloth and refitting with some Copperslip in the correct areas.

That should cure it!

Thanks for the reply. 

I've only had the car for seven months and it came with a six month warranty....  Took it back to the dealer and got new discs and pads fitted. Gave me a discount in the circumstances and charged me £134 which I thought was reasonable.  Will be keeping a much closer eye on this set!

• Like 1