My first VW (Touran)

My old Kia carens has been a non starter for a year, had enough and am scrapping it, Santa Pod in a couple of weeks time and needed a tow car so here I am with a 2007 1.9TDi Touran, Towbar fitted (by me) double electrics wired (by me).

Also have a Ventura Roof tent fitted for short weekends.

After 40mph I get a drone from the front, jacked up all four corners spun wheels not bearings!

Anyone here had problems with main pulley, Engine mounts or found a similar drone they have silenced?

No steering twitch noticed or vibration under braking but front brakes need sorting they dont bite hard

Tony 

• 1 month later...

Spectator only, tip for older persons there is a fairground by the entrance to the drag strip, especially if you are tent camping PARK AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE, ITS RUDDY NOISY.

Edited add on I swopped the Main Pulley and popped on a new auxillary belt all pulleys fine shifted the rood tent nearer the front, (centred over rear O/S door) and the drone diminished, air passing between the tent base and car roof causing a thrumming sound!!

Checked the Engine mounts all sound no splits observed, will be cleaning the MAF as fuel consumption 38mpg best and MAF can cause a slightly uneven tickover, mine has such a tickover.

• Like 1