designer

Two issues I need help with. Firstly the mileage display shows ongoing fuel consumption (30.5 mpg which is 50% better in my new Touareg than in the old one) since I had the car, shows consumption on a momentary basis etc.. I want to be able to see the consumption on a specific journey - for example if i decide to drive to Brussels how can I get it to tell me the mpg achieved on that journey?

Secondly how can I get it to boot up faster? Because the heated windscreen and heated steering wheel only turn on through the environmental controls on the computer, I have to sit in a damn cold car waiting the two or three minutes for the computer to boot up before I can start to defrost

Can anyone help please?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

A few suggestions on boot speed.  1/ Unlock your car as early as you can to wake up the systems 2/ If you have sat nav, try starting the car with the display on the radio or CD rather than sat nag, this may stop the computer trying to load maps, get a fix on location etc and improve performance for other ancillary devices such as heated devices.  3/ Try taking the car to the VW dealer as 2-3 minutes does seem excessive and the heated devices are only really useful at the very start of a journey.