Hi all a Newbie from Australia

Good Morning,

I have just purchased a  second hand Jetta, I am very happy with it, Its been over 25 years since last owning a VW, I had a very old 1967 Bettle love it, but sold it to go travelling many years ago.

I am pleased I have found this site, as there is not much local info on VW here in Australia, ie forums or groups/ clubs,( that I have found anyway).

A little info on the Jetta, Its a 2006 FSI 2.0 Auto, 93000k on the clock, I have just had it serviced and the Mechanic is very impressed with the condition of the car, previous owner was a friend of mine who looked after it very well, It was a good buy at a good price.

Its now due to have the Timing Belt and water pump done, I am just wondering if anyone can advise me of the part number for the timing belt, and which would be the best brand to fit.

I have tried to google the parts but come up with many different types etc, I am now so totally confused.

My mechanic is happy if I can get the part, and he will fit it for me, ( Save $$)

Apparently the coolant has to be done as well?? Not sure if this sounds right or not, but I do know its better to do the water pump at the same time as the timing belt,

Your replies would be much appreciated and I look forward to informative information and enjoying being a member, Happy days ahead.

Regards Aussielf

• Like 7