Polo 1992 86C

John L

I helping a friend with a problem with his carburettor on this Polo, its the 1050 engine 40 hp,  it seems the rubber gasket under the carburettor is now leaking air, as we cannot get the engine to idle, it just dies.  If I press down on the carb it will idle, so must be an air leak.

I'm also looking a manual for setting up this carburettor, or the settings/adjustments its a Pierburg.  There appears to be an adjusting screw where a vacuum line comes from the vacuum pipe to the brake servo, any help here would be useful please.  Whats its purpose?  Is it an anti run on devise?

John

I've been able to order the the rubber carb mounting plate, so will fit that when it arrives.  P/n 030129765

From the parts list, it call the screw, 'CO balance adjustment'  I now see there is an idle mixture screw on the other side of the carb, so will have to fiddle with these two once the plate and air leak is fixed.

Is there a downloadable page for the carb settings?.  I see now the engine is a HZ.

I also need a part number for the vacuum capsule on the Bosch distributor, the diaphragm in it is not holding a vacuum,  but I think once I get the Bosch number off the distributor I might find the p/n for the capsule, unless anybody knows it pls.