Battery problem.

Cicatrix

Few months ago, reversed car out of garage. got out of car to close garage door.  On entering car again, car wouldn't start.  Message on dashboard says low batter, charge battery.

Charged battery and off I went .  Took car to Kwikfit for their free "Winter Check"  Battery fine according to Kwikfit.

Two weeks ago got message on dashboard stating that battery in keyfob needed replacing.  Replaced battery in both key fobs.

Today, sitting in car whilst waiting for wife. Engine turned off but key left in ignition, and listening to radio and fiddling around with infotainment I went to start car and wouldn't start.  Same message  as few months ago.  "Battery low, charge battery"

Thoughts anyone.

Cicatrix

I would definitely replace the battery if it has been on there for a few years as it seems to be losing its charge and not recovering.
A healthy battery can lose its charge if the door light or radio has been on and flattened it but recover after a few minutes to then be able to start the engine.

If not, then you need to replace it with a good quality battery.....try Halfords for a replacement and think they will test for free but charge to replace it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...