Touran automatic over revving HELP

Cicnap

I bought a used Touran (automatic 12 plate sag 7 speed) and really need help. 

The TCM was changed last week (apparently) by the dealer but the issue existed before that, although now it’s worse. 

When accelerating it revs a lot before it’ll change up gear and when it revs high and I let go of the pedal it sticks. It really feels like it revs very high before changing gear.

When I put foot down to accelerate there’s a delay and there’s a delay between letting go of the pedal and the revs going down. On any kind of steep incline it’s revving a lot - 4000 revs- before changing gear - on other inclines the lowest it’s changing is 3000 but normally around 3500. 

I can feel the gear changes, it doesn’t go off smoothly from a traffic light. 

When slowing down it revs high before shifting down gear, but not always. 

It’s also as if there’s a zone with the pedal where it won’t accelerate further until you get past it and then it will then jump. 

It feels sometimes that I have to press down a lot to accelerate. 

I’m used to manual so I’m wondering how much of any of this is normal - because I feel it definitely can’t be. 

Has anyone else had this problem or know the fix? 

I would take it back to the dealer and let them test drive it to see what is occurring and rectify it as necessary, as they were the last ones to touch the car then the responsibility lies with them to ensure it is safe to drive.

I would go with the mechanic on the test drive to confirm they have witnessed it and know where to look.....maybe needs the TCM reprogramming?