Hello

Skipp66

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

Hello, forum,

Sorry about  the lack of posts, had a lot going on personaly !

So an update was due!

Firsty i really enoy driving the car, the higher driving position is lovley ( im in my 50s)  andi can cope with the extra running costs as my old car was a 2014 civic diesel. 

But the sheer amount of warning lights is getting silly !

We have called it the VW christmas tree !  every other week is yellow light time ! 

Thankfully i got a years warrenty from the used car dealer where i got the car and they have been very good, so far i have had 2 ABS sensors replaced, the latest being today! 

So imagine my delight that this evening after picking the car up..... an hour later the engine managment light pops up !

I will give it a few days as i know they can be tempremental ! But coming from my honda that never had a single light appear in 5 years this Tiguan is starting to annoy me !

The car has never let me down and is lovely to drive, and very smooth and comfy.

Is there something i could point my garage to have a look at?

As i say the car drives perfectly and i really enjoy driving it, but these constant warning lights are getting annoying!

Cheers

Dan

• Like 1

That's a shame you're getting trouble with it already but they are a bit renowned for their warning lamps.

Most will be okay to drive with such as Amber coloured lamps which are advisory but worth checking out at some point before the fault becomes more expensive to fix (e.g. brake pads low, etc)

It may be worth your while to obtain an OBD scan tool which you can interrogate the warning lamps and read the codes yourself, quite cheap to buy and can lead to a greater understanding of what is occurring within the car

Maybe someone on here can recommend a good one to buy?