new (2016) VW Passat owner

Good afternoon folks, I'm new to forum and enjoy the advice and help I get from these forums over the many ownerships of cars I've had over the last 47 years driving. Only second VW I have had with first being an old VW golf about 25 years ago. Bought a R Line Black 2016 2 ltr Passat which looks nice and drives nice. First DSG gearbox which is different to my previous Jaguar XF auto and probably will be my last saloon before going onto Jeep like cars to help get in and out of safely without clattering my dome and twisting the old knee caps too much getting in and out. The tech in the car is for me a bit too much but hey ho, gives me something to play with whilst waiting on the boss come back from her shopping trips. 

One thing I am unsure about is the AdBlue feature never having had to use this before. On my right of the steering wheel, I can adjust what I see in between the rev counters and speed dials information such as miles left in tank, av speed, MPG etc. It also has AdBlue range 6500 miles. I've probably driven about 40 miles a day and since ownership, about 800 miles. This AdBlue range has never changed. I do note online that warning signs will alert me on when it needs replenished but (old fashioned me) should the range I see also not go down the more I drive?    Any reassurance/advice greatly appreciated.

Hi...welcome to the Club

I would definitely check that the system is working as it should do as if there are problems with the AdBlue then it can be very costly.

Also, ensure that you never run that low on the fluid as it has a limited range / time before it shuts the engine down and dealer only reset which can leave you stranded on the road side. 
I would start by reading any owners manuals you received with the car to familiarise yourself with the operation of this system.