Inject Me (VW Passat B6 3C2)

DazzerJ97

Hey All,

So haven't had to visit here in a while and I now have a problem, which I'm sure is common as heck and ya'll will probably scold me for posting a new thread about it.

So It's a p1261 code along with p1264, now the one ending 61 was there when I originally bought the car (scanned it after purchase I know dumb dumb) however it sounds sweet, and runs fine (until recently I'll get to that) the 64 one was there also but I cleared them both at the time and only the 61 returned. However now the 64 has reared it's ugly head.

Now I know it is VERY common for the wiring loom to go bad, due to in my opinion a Stupidly place harness. However I figured I'd ask you guys to  weigh in on it here's the code's in the entirety and when they were triggered.

P1261 – Cylinder 1 pump/injector valve: Control limit exceeded

Freeze frame 

Priority: 0 

Malfunction frequency counter: 1 

Unlearning counter: 39 

Odometer reading: 214197 km

Engine speed: 1312.0 RPM

Engine torque: 24.0 Nm

Vehicle speed: 41.0 km/h

Text field:  4.875    uF            

Text field: 15.25    mJ             

Text field:      6    mJ            

P1264 – Cylinder 2 pump/injector valve: Control limit exceeded

Freeze frame 

Priority: 0 

Malfunction frequency counter: 2 

Unlearning counter: 40 

Odometer reading: 214196 km

Engine speed: 1792.0 RPM

Engine torque: 80.0 Nm

Vehicle speed: 5.0 km/h

Text field:  4.875    uF            

Text field: 12.50    mJ             

Text field:     12    mJ            

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated, as now the car intermittently shits it's self and stalls!? only tends to happen when just started and not quiet warm... don't know if it's related or not. If someone could also recommend as to where to get the wiring harness, hoping it's not injectors themselves as 1.can't find them brand new 2. the ones I have found are expensive and there reconditioned ones.

Apologies for the lengthy one 

Hi Dazzer, good to see you back again

Just wondering what equipment you have used to read the fault codes and whether it has the function to recode injectors

As is common with Fords, the injectors go out of synch over time (usually 80k miles) and if you have the facility to recode them to recalibrate the injection rate which balances all of the injectors to the same rate....it seems like the issue is spreading across the engine hence my thought here?

Alternatively, what is the coolant sensor reading (linear from cold to hot without any glitches?) May not necessarily bring up a code but can affect the injection rate as the engine warms up

5 hours ago, Volkswagen Owners Club said:

Just wondering what equipment you have used to read the fault codes and whether it has the function to recode injectors

As is common with Fords, the injectors go out of synch over time (usually 80k miles) and if you have the facility to recode them to recalibrate the injection rate which balances all of the injectors to the same rate....it seems like the issue is spreading across the engine hence my thought here?

Alternatively, what is the coolant sensor reading (linear from cold to hot without any glitches?) May not necessarily bring up a code but can affect the injection rate as the engine warms up

Hey unfortunately it's a basic scanner (Carista) however my mechanic may have something that will allow me to do that, so will have a word with him. I presume we would check the live data to verify this?

Failing that I presume it would be the harness from my research.

Thank you for your input :) will investigate this lead

5 hours ago, Volkswagen Owners Club said:

Also forgot to mention yes linear from cold to hot on the temp sensor, only think that makes it go down a little is if I turn on the heat in the cabin